Here at Bloomfield Animal Hospital we wanted to reassure you that we are every taking precaution necessary in order to keep you and our staff safe. We are continuing to see clients, as we always have, and we have not made any adjustments to our regular schedule. The follow steps are being taken to keep everyone healthy at Bloomfield Animal Hospital.
- We are constantly disinfecting the hospital between appointments. This includes seating, exam tables and counters
- Our front counter is disinfected hourly
- We are trying to avoid shaking hands…but old habits are hard to break. We won’t be offended if you refuse a handshake and ask that you not be offended if we don’t offer our hand.
- If any member of our staff is ill, the staff member will stay home to recover
- If anyone in your household is sick, we are asking for you to reschedule your pets’ appointment to another time when you are feeling better
- We do have an online pharmacy in which you can order your pets food and medication to be delivered to your house which will minimize your potential exposure.
Can my pet be infected by the virus?
- Friday, February 28, brought news that a dog in Hong Kong was quarantined after samples obtained from its nasal cavity and mouth tested “weak positive” for the virus that causes COVID-19. The dog’s owner has tested positive for the virus (SARS-CoV-2, formerly called 2019-nCoV) and has COVID-19. The implications of a “weak positive” test result are unclear, and it’s unknown if the presence of the virus is due to infection, environmental contamination, cross-reactivity, or even potential issues with the test itself. Hong Kong officials said the dog showed no clinical signs of illness, has been quarantined and is being cared for, and will continue to be monitored and tested to determine its status.
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), no animals in the United States have been identified with the virus, and there is no evidence that dogs or other pets can contract or spread COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding during this time and if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call us.