House Call Services
In most cases, our hospital facility on Norwalk Boulevard in Lakewood, CA is the best place for an ill or injured pet. At Bloomfield Animal Hospital, we have sanitary treatment rooms and up-to-date tools and equipment to handle examination, accurate diagnosis, treatment, surgery, and emergencies. However, there are situations when a house call is beneficial to you and your pet. We have pets, too, so we understand the value of compassionate at home care, in those circumstances.
Our house call services
We offer house calls for dogs and cats, for locations within a five-mile radius of Bloomfield Animal Hospital. House call services with our qualified veterinary doctors and nurses include:
- Wellness examinations
- Symptom evaluation
- Limited diagnostic tests
- Medical treatments
- Post-surgical check-ups
- Home euthanasia
Please call one to two days in advance to schedule a home visit. Full payment is due at completion of the visit, by cash or credit card (we cannot accept personal checks). Additional fees apply for treatment of multiple animals.
Advantages of house call veterinary care
- Reduced anxiety for an ill or injured animal, or one that is very fearful of veterinary appointments. Elevations in heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature associated with fear of riding in the car or being at the hospital can interfere with accurate medical diagnosis.
- Avoiding exposure to potentially contagious animals, or aggressive dogs in the waiting area. This is especially important for senior or very ill pets.
- Convenience. You save time without the chore of a car ride, and your pet is more likely to be at ease in a familiar setting.
- Multiple pets may be seen and treated during one appointment.
- Helps elderly clients or those who do not drive, keep their pets and maintain independence.
It is a sad fact of life that most of us will lose a pet at some point. Companion animals can't tell us when the time is right. They rely on their human friends to help them through the transition with gentle compassion. Home euthanasia lets you say goodbye calmly, in the privacy of your own space, with dignity for you and your pet.
Call (562) 383-7788 today to become a Bloomfield Animal Hospital client. Your pet will be in good hands at our facility or in your home.