Like us, our pets feel good when they are clean and groomed. Grooming services are offered at Bloomfield Animal Hospital for the convenience of our clients in the Lakewood, CA area and surrounding communities.
Why have your pet groomed?
Grooming is an important part of an overall wellness strategy for your pet, complementing a nutritious diet, daily exercise, and regular veterinary examinations. Grooming promotes the health of your pet's skin, coat, ears, feet, and teeth. Our grooming services include bath, ear cleaning, and nail trim as well as a new haircut.
Benefits of using a professional groomer
Some people try DIY grooming, and a few do well at it. Most pet owners, though, prefer to leave this to the professionals, for a number of good reasons:
- Skill and experience - Our certified groomer, Diva, graduated from a two-year course at Hacienda La Puente Adult Education. She has been grooming since 2008, and is also a veterinary assistant, and a pet owner herself. She is up to date on pet grooming trends for most breeds.
- Patience - Due to your pet's deep familiarity, he or she may be more inclined to act out for you than for a professional groomer. On a busy, stressful day, that can lead to a real strain on your relationship with your pet. Working with pets calmly and patiently is all in a day’s work for a groomer. It also helps your pet build trust in interactions with people other than you.
- Products and equipment - We use top quality shampoos and other grooming products, selected for your pet’s individual skin type, fur, and special needs. Diva has the right clippers, scissors, and other tools and equipment to keep your pet looking great.
- Watchful eye - As a veterinary assistant, our groomer knows to watch for signs of health issues as she bathes and trims. If she discovers anything concerning, she brings it to your attention so that you may schedule a veterinary appointment if needed.
- Spa services - For a full spa treatment, we offer teeth brushing and deep conditioning. You can bring your own favorite color for your pet’s pedicure or choose from our selection. Safe, vegetable-based fur coloring is also available for a fun look.
- Convenience - Our facility is easy to find, located just off of Route 605. We offer pet grooming appointments on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Lunch hour appointments are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Before Your Appointment
We want only the best for your pet. To ensure the highest quality of care and safety, we abide by the following vaccine protocol and require that:
- All dogs are current on their Bordetella, Rabies, and DHLPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus) Vaccines.
- All cats are current on their Rabies and FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia) Vaccines.
These boosters protect against common and/or potentially serious conditions, which can be contracted from other pets.
Your pet’s health is always our priority. Combined with regular professional grooming, you can keep your furry friend healthy, and looking and smelling terrific, too! Call Bloomfield Animal Hospital in Lakewood, CA at (562) 383-7788 to schedule an appointment.